CTP2.0 also makes Vb.Net Developers Happy

Topics: SCG Releases, Release Notes, Announcement
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2006 at 2:19 PM
Good News for the Vb.Net developers.

I recently added VSTemplate for VB
VSTemplate: SCGCTP2.0vstemplateVbDotnet2

So you can start writing templates in Vb.Net as well.

To work with Visualstudio2005TemplatesVb
==========================================
Copy SmartCodeGeneratorVb.zip from Visualstudio2005_Templates folder to your My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates folder.

Copy SmartCodeGeneratorTemplateVb.zip from Visualstudio2005_Templates to your My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ItemTemplates folder.

I also take this opportunity to request you to join the community (http://community.smartcodegenerator.com) and please contribute templates and UIProperties.

Jan 22, 2007 at 3:36 AM
OK, when you say:

Copy SmartCodeGenerator.zip from Visualstudio2005_Templates folder to your My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates folder

Are you saying we should copy the zip file in, or unzip it first? And should it go under the Visual Basic sub folder, or should it get it's own folder, or should we create new one for it?

Also, I checked out your Quick Start and the very first direction is "Step 1 - Open Example1 from the ExampleProjects folder, as a website project in Visual Studio 2005." Where is Example1? I downloaded SCGCTP21.5VbVsTemplate.zip but I don't see it. Great, I'm lost from step one.

Thanks,

-LV
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2007 at 5:50 AM
Sorry for the late reply:
Yes you have to copy the zip files in SmartCodeGenerator.zip from Visualstudio2005_Templates folder to your My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates folder

The Tutorial Page with the the latest CTP is under construction. The examples are available in archieved CTP "Release SCGCTP202Dec06 Alpha".
http://www.codeplex.com/smartcodegenerator/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=1181

I did not get chance to write the examples on top of the latest CTP2.5. Sorry for the inconvenience.