Smart Code Generator is 100% ASP.NET based codegeneration framework with intellisense, compilation, debug, sourceview and designview support powered by Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008.
Smart Code Generator is an ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5 website OR an ASP.NET 1.1 web application and is a fully-fledged template-based code generator that allows you to generate code for any text language. Templates are written in Visual Studio as ASP.NET User Controls. The code generation process can be dynamically customised by using properties. The SmartCodeGenerator Framework generates UIProperty objects in the web page by reading the customised properties. The UIProperty objects are custom User Interface objects which are created based on the property types of a defined class.
The SmartCodeGenerator Project is simply an ASP.NET website project, and the SmartCodeGenerator Templates are ASP.NET User Controls, so there is no need to learn any new technologies. Code is written as you would normally write for an ASP.NET application.
- The current feature list of SmartCodeGenerator includes:*
- All development can be done in VS2005 OR VS2003.
- Integration with NAnt and Cassini.
- Extensible Template Generation Engine.
- Open source Database Schema discovery API for MS SQL, Oracle and MySQL.
- Uses existing ASP.NET 2.0 website application OR ASP.NET 1.1 web application concepts
- Generates text based output
- Fully customisable template-based code generation
- Remembers custom property data entries
The entire development life cycle of creating custom templates using SmartCodeGenerator is done using Visual Studio by creating an ASP.NET application. So during the generation of templates, intellisense, compilation, debug, sourceview, designview, codebehind file and all other features of Visual Studio (2005 or 2003) are available to you.
After you play with this great framework for 5 min, I think you will agree with me saying "Code generation has never been this easy"
Good Luck on your next SmartCodeGenerator Template.